2023 Municipal Election FAQs
- The 2023 Draper City Municipal General Election will be held on November 7, 2023, to elect three City Councilmembers.
- Each position is at-large for a 4-year term.
- Persons interested in becoming a candidate for office must file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the City Recorder.
- The declaration period is from Thursday, June 1 through Wednesday, June 7, 2023, from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding weekends. The doors will close promptly at 5:00 p.m. on June 7th. Please do not wait until the last minute. The Recorder's office is located on the main floor of City Hall, 1020 E. Pioneer Road in Draper.
- Qualifications to run for office are: Be a United States citizen at the time of filling, be a registered voter of the municipality, be a resident of Draper for twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the election, and not be a convicted felon unless the right to hold elective office has been restored. Full details can be found in the 2023 Candidate Guide.
- Questions may be directed to the City Recorder, Laura Oscarson, at (801) 576-6502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Election Notice and 2023 Election Notice - Military and Overseas Voters
Dates & Deadlines
- June 7 at 5 p.m. is the last day to declare as a City Council candidate for the Municipal election.
Visit the county websites via the buttons below for additional information and answers to frequently asked questions. This is a municipal election year and Draper City will share some election information from the county as a service to residents. Any questions regarding the election should be directed to the county.