The Business Licensing Division issues business licenses, including special licenses such as alcoholic beverage licenses, home occupation, special/single event license, solicitor's license and temporary business license. It also manages renewals and processing business licensing fees.
Draper City's Support During COVID-19
View a summary of the city's temporary fee waivers and ordinance allowing temporary tented outdoor restaurant seating. Read letter.
Tented Outdoor Restaurant Seating
To accommodate restaurant social distancing requirements during the winter months, the Draper City Council is allowing temporary tented outdoor restaurant seating. View the application.
Waived Temporary Signage Fees
To assist in drawing customers to your location, we have waived Temporary Signage fees for all applying businesses starting on March 20, 2020 until rescinded by the Council. Learn more.
Other COVID-19 Updates
- Read the latest guidelines for conducting business with Draper City’s Community Development Department. View Update.
- View Draper City’s COVID-19 data, public health orders, healthcare and business resources. Learn More.
How to Open a Business in Draper
Obtaining a business license is an important and fulfilling step in your journey to becoming a business owner. Our Business Licensing Division is here to help you along the way. In accordance with the provision of Section 6-2-030 of the Ordinance of the City of Draper, each business, vocation, trade, calling or profession shall pay an annual business license fee as found in the Business License Fee Schedule. Here are the steps to take to get started in Draper:
- Complete a Location Verification Request. Whether you have a new business, or just relocating, we want to help make sure that you are legally able to conduct business in your future location.
- Ensure you have registered your business with the state. The State of Utah has developed a One-Stop Online Business Registration website that streamlines the process of registering a new business. The site is available 24 hours a day. It will guide you through a series of questions designed to comply with federal and state government registration requirements.
- Check IRS online for Employer Identification Numbers (EIN) requirements. EIN's are issued for the purpose of tax administration.
- Apply for a Draper City Business License.
The State of Utah provides step-by- step instructions on How to Start a Business and answers many questions about doing Business in Utah. This valuable resource can provide up-to-date information on state taxes, current laws and regulations, and Federal programs that may be available to assist the business owner.
Business Licensing Contact Information
Please use the Department Directory to find the right team member to help you with your needs: