Girls Softball 2023
This is weekly program is great for girls who want to learn all the basic skills of softball, providing skills and fundamentals while learning to have fun and build friendships.
Girls in 2nd - 9th grade for the 2022/2023 school year. Leagues are based on grade.
Season runs April - June 2023. Games will be played on your scheduled day; however, single or double-headers may be played.
Dates, times, and locations are to be determined and will be determined by number of registrations. All dates, times, and locations and are subject to change. Games have the possibility of combining with Sandy City.
Southfork Park (14125 S. Bangerter Pkwy.)
Divisions & Cost
- 2nd Grade Coach Pitch: $48
- 3 - 4 Grade Falcon League: $65
- 5 - 6 Grade Filly League: $65
- 7 - 9 Grade Fox League: $70
- Two Games a Week
- 10 regular season games (weather permitting)
- Uniform, bats, helmets
- UGSA Tournament June 27-29
Registration runs from January 17, 2023 - March 17, 2023. Online registration is available. Registration may also be done in person at the Parks & Recreation Department (12354 S. 800 E.). Registration forms may be accessed here — please print double-sided.
Coaches are needed. Take part in your child's activities by coaching them, their friends, and making friends of your own!
Please note that there will be no team registrations; only individual registrations are available. Head and Assistant Coaches will be needed. Head Coaches may request one (1) additional player be added to their team besides their own participant.
|League||Grade||Players||Day of Play||Location||Registration|
|Falcon Girls||3 - 4||12||M, W||South Fork Field||Register|
|Filly Girls||5 - 6||12||Tu, Th||South Fork Field||Register|
|Fox Girls||7 - 9||12||Tu, W, or Th||South Fork Field||Register|
Team Tryout Format:
There will be a team tryout and a draft for this season. Tryouts will be held at the Draper Recreation Center Field House (657 E Vestry Rd, Draper, UT). Skills portion will run for 90 minutes, and team selection will be held after at the Draper Recreation office (12354 S 800 E). Coaches should plan on spending several hours with this process.
Tryout days and times:
- Falcon League (3 -4 Grade): March 27
- Filly League (5 - 6 Grade): March 20
- Fox League (7 - 9 Grade): March 22
Check in for tryouts is from 5-5:30PM
Program Registration Refund Policy
- A $10.00 bookkeeping fee is non-refundable for each program/registration.
- Refund requests made before the registration period/deadline has ended will receive a full refund minus the $10.00 bookkeeping fee.
- After the registration period/deadline has ended, a refund of 50% of program fee will be offered.
- No refunds will be offered once the program has started, beginning with the first class, first lesson, coaches meeting, etc.
Event will be held snow, rain, or shine. However, it may be cancelled or postponed due to severe weather. Check this webpage for current information or call (801) 576-6572.
To request an accommodation due to a disability contact the Recreation Manager at (801) 576-6556 or by email. Requests should be made as soon as possible but at least five days prior to the event date.