Mission and Vision
Mission Statement and Objectives
The Draper Historical Society promotes and preserves the history of Draper by gathering and protecting historical documents, pictures, artifacts, personal stories and historical publications.
The Draper Historical Society Objectives
- to encourage the study of Draper history by establishing a public museum, art gallery, library and archives.
- to promote the preservation, proper organization and publication of authentic historical records.
- to acquire and preserve for the use of the Society and the public, objects and materials that illuminate the history of Draper.
- to undertake historical research into people, sites, buildings, events or issues and to participate in activities aimed at promoting, commemorating and/or, where relevant, preserving and conserving them.
- to promote the dissemination of information by lectures, seminars, workshops, excursions of historic and geographic interest, and exhibitions.
- to encourage the establishment of societies with aims consistent with these purposes, to support their activities and to promote a network of regional associations to link them to each other and to the Society.
- to publish relevant newsletters, journals, presentations and other material.
- to encourage new memberships in the Society to support and promote these goals and objectives.