Day Barn Indoor Pavilion
The historic Day Barn is an original dairy barn that was relocated from its original location to "Pioneer Square," next to Draper Park. The interior of the barn has been modernized with all the trimmings, including wood and rustic décor. The outside has been renovated to make modern improvements though to keep the look of an old barn. This is a great place for your next private party, reunion, reception, or gathering.
- Twelve round, 60-inch tables
- Two rectangular, 8-foot tables
- 90+ chairs
- Two restrooms
- Small sink and bar area (no kitchen)
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Two large barn doors
- Many 110 volt outlets-20 amp, throughout
- Please note: Ladders are not supplied. Renter must transport own ladder for use in Day Barn.
- Please note: The lights on the outside perimeter of the barn, will come on at dusk.
All decorations, including linens, centerpieces, chair covers, and all food items, are the responsibility of the rental party.
We offer showings of the Day Barn on the first and third Wednesday of each month. Tours are offered between 3:00 - 3:30 PM by appointment ONLY. We do not have tours if the scheduled day is already reserved. Please call 801-576-6570 to make an appointment to see the Day Barn.
We are currently scheduling Day Barn Tours for January 17th.
*PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING FEE INFORMATION, RULES, AND REFUND/CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY BEFORE MAKING A RESERVATION AT THE LINK BELOW
Reservations can also be made in person with payment in the form of cash, check, or credit card. No mail-in or telephone reservations will be accepted. Reservations may be made up to 12 months in advance and a minimum of 5 business days from your rental date. Reservation fees must be paid, in full, including a $200 deposit, at the time reservation is made.
Reservation fee AND security/cleaning fee are required when reservation is made.
- Draper residents/businesses:
For weekdays (Monday - Thursday) is $175 per 1/2 day block (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM or 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM) or $ 350 for all day (9:00 AM - 10:00 PM).
- Non-Draper residents/businesses:
For weekdays (Monday - Thursday) is $225 per 1/2 day block (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM or 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM) or $ 450 for all day (9:00 AM - 10:00 PM).
- Draper residents/businesses:
For weekends (Friday - Sunday) is $400 for an all-day block (9:00 AM - 10:00 PM). Weekend days are a required all-day rental, no 1/2 day blocks.
- Non-Draper residents/businesses:
For weekends (Friday - Sunday) is $500 for an all-day block (9:00 AM - 10:00 PM). Weekend days are a required all-day rental, no 1/2 day blocks.
- A $200 refundable security/cleaning fee must also be paid at the time of all reservations (Refunds for security/cleaning fees will be given after the event is complete and inspection has been done. At the time of key pick up, a rule and inspection sheet will be given. Full refunds will be given when the inspection sheet is complete, the barn has been cleaned, and the key is returned). Refundable security/cleaning fee will be returned in the same payment method as when the reservation was made, i.e. refund to the credit card to which the reservation was made, check issued for cash, or check payment (mailed to address on file).
Block hours are either 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM or 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM for weekdays (Monday - Thursday) and 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM for weekends (Friday - Sunday). Prices vary for weekday and weekend rentals (see above). Modifications to block hours cannot be made.
Magnetic keys to the barn are time-coded. Access to the barn will be for the times of your reservation only. Access is not available for the night before the reservation begins or for the morning before the reservation begins. Please see key pick-up directions, below.
Check the availability by either viewing the calendar or by calling the Draper Parks & Recreation office at (801) 576-6570.
- Facility magnetic key (marked access card) must be picked up from the Draper Recreation office (12354 S 800 E ) the morning/day of your reservation, only. If your rental falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, you may pick up the key the business day before your rental.
- Facility key must be returned to the Draper Recreation office the next business day (Monday-Friday) between 8:00 AM & 5:00 pm after your rental date. The facility Key may be returned to the drop box, located on the outside wall, adjacent to Parks and Recreation entrance, no later than 5:00 pm the day after reservation. A $50 late fee will be charged and/or deducted from the security deposit if the key is not returned on time.
- Renter will only have access to the facility during the reservation date and block that was reserved. Accessing the facility before your reservation date and block will not be permitted.
- Cleaning supplies (trash bags, broom, mop, bucket, etc.) are provided.
- To maintain heat in winter months, heaters will work efficiently when all doors are closed.
- Facility must be left clean, including, but not limited to:
- Trash removed from inside of the facility and placed in the outside large metal trash container located on the sidewalk to the east of the facility (use key marked dumpster).
- All items brought into the facility must be removed.
- Renters will have access to tables and chairs and may set them up as desired. Draper City employees do not set up or take down any tables, chairs, decorations, etc. All tables and chairs must be wiped clean, folded down, placed on racks/carts, and returned to the storage shed located north of the Barn before leaving the rental (use key marked shed).
- There should be at least 90+ chairs. Please count them when you arrive at the barn and count them before you leave.
- Floor swept clean.
- Any spills or messes should be cleaned from the floor and/or other parts of the facility.
- Ceiling fans, lights, and heaters must be turned off.
- Any damages must be reported to the Parks & Recreation Department on the day of your rental.
- The inspection sheet must be completed by the renter and left inside the facility for the inspector.
- All doors must be locked up from the inside and checked from the outside before leaving.
- The renter must be completely out of the facility at the scheduled time.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Animals are not allowed, except certified service animals.
- No candles with flames. Battery-operated candles are allowed.
- No thumbtacks, push pins, staples, nails, etc. should be pushed anywhere into the wood finish. No tape, glue, etc. should be used anywhere on the wood finish or floor. Observed evidence of wood or floor damage may result in all or part of the deposit being withheld. Acceptable alternatives: zip ties, ribbon, yarn, string, etc.
- Nothing is to be staked into the ground. If sunshades are being used, they must be weighted with sandbags, water barrels, etc.
- Please note: The loft is not accessible at any time.
- Amplified sound is allowed to be broadcast inside the facility only.
- Any unauthorized viewing of the Barn, during another private event, will result in the forfeiture of your reservation security/cleaning deposit.
- 50% of RESERVATION FEE will be charged on ALL cancellations and/or changes made at least 45 calendar days, or more, before the reservation date--NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Reservations cancelled and/or changed less than 45 calendar days before the reservation date, will forfeit 100% of the RESERVATION FEE--NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Security/cleaning fee will be refunded on all cancellations.
- No reservation fee refunds will be given for inclement weather.
- All refunds will be completed after the event is over or a cancellation request. Please allow 7-10 business days (excluding federal holidays) for the refund to show on your credit card statement or for a check to be issued and mailed to the address on file.
After Hours Number