- Custom_Public Works
- Storm Water
The Storm Water Division manages Draper City’s storm water to provide safe, dependable surface drainage in each neighborhood, and ensure storm water runoff from new development or flooding does not impact existing neighborhoods. Responsibilities include street sweeping to clear out debris, operating more than 100 detention and retention basins, and maintaining the storm drain system. Draper City is a member of the Salt Lake County Stormwater Coalition.
- Draper City’s Storm Drain Master Plan
- Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP)
- Map of Draper City’s waterways
- Hazardous Waste - Landfills
For questions about storm drain design or the storm drain system, contact Draper City Engineering at (801) 576-6585.
For emergencies related to storm water infrastructure including flooding, cleaning, or maintenance, call (801) 831-7195.
Report Illegal Dumping
Or you can contact the following agencies:
- Draper City at (801) 576-6331
- State DEQ at (801) 536-4300
- SLC Health Department Emergency Line at (385) 468-8888 (option 8)
To connect or disconnect your storm water services, visit Utility Billing.
Storm Water Fees
- Residential: $7/month (included in a resident’s monthly utility bill)
- Commercial: $7/ month per ERU; questions about ERU calculations can be directed to Utility Billing at (801) 576-6504.
Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) represents the water use of an average residential home. For commercial development, the number of ERUS is based on impervious surface – pavements, rooftops, sidewalks, roads and parking lots. One ERU equals 3,000 square feet of impervious surface. The City Engineer will calculate the ERUs for each commercial development.
72 E. Sivogah Ct. (14525 S.)
Draper, UT 84020
Email Storm Water
Lucas Fowler, Storm Water Specialist