Draper City requires a building permit and inspection for new construction or when a building or home is remodeled. Permits are required to ensure compliance with local and state mandated regulations related to building construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation. Please contact the Building Department to obtain the required permits for your project. The Building Division works closely with the Planning Division and the Fire District to help maintain a safe and livable community.
Schedule an Inspection:
Call 801-576-6520 to schedule an inspection. A pre-recorded message will play explaining what day we're scheduling inspections. You can request for that day or any business day after it. If you have concerns about contact related to COVID-19, please let us know and we will make accommodations.
*You will need to leave a voicemail message sharing the following information:
- Your Name and/or Builders Name
- Phone Number
- Building Address
- Subdivision and Lot Number OR Commercial Project Name
- Type of Inspection
- Draper City Permit Number
*Please note that if all the above-requested information is not given, we will not be able to schedule your inspection.
Check the online inspection schedule portal: DRAPER CITY INSPECTION SCHEDULE
Inspections that were completed today and their results can be viewed under the “Inspections” tab. You will need to create an account in order to view the inspection results. *Please do not call the inspector listed until 8:30 the day of the inspection since the inspections may not be assigned to the appropriate inspector until then.*
Types of Inspections:
- LOD/Open Space inspection (all natural lots in the Suncrest project will require this inspection along with any lots adjacent to Draper City open space. All other lots in the city will be determined on a lot by lot basis). NOTE: All SWPPP provisions must be in place at the time of this inspection and both inspections completed at the same time.
- Erosion control – these inspections will be according to the SWPPP information provided on the site plans and will occur throughout the length of the project.
- Excavation observation certification (by geotechnical engineer).
- Footing inspection
- Foundation inspection
- Foundation Drain
- Temporary Power
- Sub-rough plumbing, sub-rough mechanical and/or sub-rough electrical
- Suspended concrete slabs including porches
- Radiant Heating
- 4-way rough - Framing & Shearwall nailing • Electrical • Plumbing • Mechanical
- Power to panel
- Fuel gas piping and test
- Flashing and weather resistant barrier (Lath inspection)
- Interior gypsum board (Only for braced wall panels or fire resistance-rated walls)