Welcome to the Building Division. Our team is responsible for reviewing plans, issuing building permits, and conducting field inspections of buildings to ensure compliance with local and state mandated regulations related to building construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation.
We can assist you with information about building codes, inspections, checklists and forms. We can help schedule a building inspector for your property. Scroll down this page for links to information regarding checklists and submitting your applications.
- With the COVID-19 outbreak, and for the safety of all involved, Draper City has created the following guidelines for all scheduled inspections within occupied residences that will be implemented immediately. VIEW INSPECTION GUIDELINES
Citizen Access Portal
Submit your applications, check on your status, and look up building inspections through the Citizen Access Portal. You will need to create an account to access the portal.
How to Submit Your Permit Application
- Fill out the permit application in its entirety. Download Building Permit Application.
- Prior to submitting the application, review the applicable checklist and digital submittal requirements to ensure all documents are submitted.
- Submit your permit application through the Citizen Access Portal.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Checklists for Submittals
In addition to checklist items for building permits, the following will also be required at the time of application.
- All digital files must be unlocked to allow commenting by Draper City plans examiners; otherwise, they will be returned immediately without being reviewed.
- All required approvals from: Outside agencies and Draper City Departments.
- The Draper City Building Department will not accept any building plans or applications for building permits of: homes, townhouses, apartments, commercial buildings, and twin homes, unless both:
- A building permit for that project has the ability to be issued at the time of application and submittal of any documents; and
- A geotechnical engineering report for that property, has been reviewed, approved and accepted by Draper City for that parcel(s).
Contact the Team
Find all the Building Division's contact information at the Department Directory here.