- Human Resources
Our most valuable resources at Draper City are human. The Human Resources department strives to provide the best services to the city, its employees, and residents by developing, maintaining and improving internal personnel policies and procedures, and processes to attract, retain, and engage a skilled and diverse workforce. In addition to promoting a successful work environment, the department supports city administration acting as a strategic partner to contribute to the city’s operations and long-term progress.
The department is also responsible for ensuring the city remains competitive and cost-effective with compensation, health benefits, retirement, job training, career development, and a wellness program.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Draper City. To browse open positions, and complete an online employment application, search our current job openings.
Applications will only be accepted for positions that are open. Draper City does not hold applications on file for positions that are not currently open.
In the interest of workplace and public safety, all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test.
Join Our Team
Draper City offers a competitive benefits package for full-time benefited employees. A brief description of our benefits, effective date of hire, include:
- Medical insurance with plan options for a HDHP or Traditional PPO plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with an annual employer contribution of up to $3,000
- Medical cash out option of $300 per month when waiving medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D of $100,000 each
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Supplemental Accident and Critical Illness
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enrollment in Utah Retirement System (URS) and city funded
- City retirement 401k match up to 3.5%
- 10 days of paid vacation leave increasing with longevity
- 12 days of paid sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Tuition reimbursement (eligible after completion of new hire probationary period)
- Wellness program - up to a $50.00 monthly reimbursement for health club membership and
- On-site fitness center at certain work locations
Be Part of Something Big
- Retains a workforce of more than 400 employees
- Provides city services to more than 52,000 Draper residents
- Assists more than 1,800 businesses in Draper
- Supports 631 residential subdivisions and 16 mixed developments
Draper City is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Recruitment is open to all persons who meet minimum requirements regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender, sexual preference, pregnancy, military status, age or disability. Draper City will make reasonable accommodation for disabilities.
In the interest of workplace and public safety, all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment background check and the successful completion of a chemical screen for the purpose of detecting the presence of controlled substances in the body.